Red Bull: New Year. No Limits. Sweepstakes Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, AGES 13 AND OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Eligibility: The Red Bull: New Year. No Limits. Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are at least thirteen (13) years of age as of the date of entry. Employees of Red Bull North America, Inc. (“Red Bull” or “Sponsor”) and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising or promotional agents, and members of the immediate families (parent, child, or sibling) or households of any such employees, are not eligible to enter.
2. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes period begins at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (“PDT”) on November 16, 2011 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PST on December 15, 2011 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
3. How to Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, you may enter the Sweepstakes as follows:
Text-message the word “NOLIMITS” (or other keyword as specifically indicated on Sponsor’s official marketing materials) with a text-messaging capable device to RBULL (72855) to begin the entry process for the Sweepstakes. Entrants will receive a bounce back text message asking them to answer the following trivia question via text message: “Which of these cities has not hosted a Red Bull: New Year. No Limits?” Entrants will have three choices from which to select the correct answer: “A – Las Vegas; B – Los Angeles; and C – Long Beach, CA.” By responding to the trivia question, entrants will be automatically subscribed to the Red Bull Mob. Entrants who correctly answer the trivia question will be automatically entered into the Sweepstakes. Entrants may unsubscribe from the Red Bull Mob by following instructions provided in the welcome text message after they reply with their answer. Entrants will be charged according to their carrier’s standard text messaging rates and should contact their carrier for pricing plans and details. Text-messaging may not be available through all wireless carriers. In the event of a dispute as to the ownership of an entry, the authorized account holder of the mobile phone number used to submit an entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned a mobile phone number by a wireless carrier. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. There is no limit on the number of entries per mobile phone number, but each mobile phone number will be counted only once for selection purposes. OR,
On a 3x5 card, hand print your complete name, street address (no P.O. Boxes), city, state, zip code, date of birth (mm/dd/yyy), plus daytime and evening telephone numbers (a phone number must be included to contact potential winners), and include your answer to the above trivia question. Mail your entry in a hand-addressed, business-size envelope (#10) with first-class postage, to: Red Bull Interactive, 1740 Stewart Street, Santa Monica, CA 90404, Attn: Red Bull: New Year. No Limits. Sweepstakes. Mail-in entries must be received by end date of Sweepstakes Period at 11:59 p.m. PST on December 15, 2011. Limit one entry per envelope.
Limit one (1) entry per person (including, as applicable, mobile phone number) regardless of method of entry. No mechanically reproduced entries of any kind permitted. Illegible and incomplete entries are void. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, postage due, misdirected entries or entries not received regardless of cause.
4. Selection of Winners: All winners are subject to verification. One (1) potential grand prize winner will be selected at random by Sponsor after the Sweepstakes Period on or about December 16, 2011, from among all eligible entries who correctly answer the above trivia question. Odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
5. Winner Verification and Notification: The potential winner will be notified by telephone and/or text-message, as determined by Sponsor, on or about December 16, 2011 on how to claim their prize. If a potential winner cannot be reached within two (2) hours of the initial notification attempt, he or she may be disqualified and the prize awarded to an alternate winner. If a potential winner is under the age of thirteen (13), he or she will be disqualified and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner. If a potential winner is under the age of eighteen (18), he or she will be required to bring a parent or legal guardian as their guest. All guests must also be at least thirteen (13) years of age. If a potential winner fails to respond to any notification attempt within the time period specified by Sponsor, or if any attempted notification or prize delivery is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified and forfeit his/her prize. Potential winners may be required to complete, sign and return Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release/Publicity Release forms, and other applicable documents, which may require a social security number, before claiming his/her prize, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If a potential winner is a minor in his/her state of residence, the prize may be awarded to the minor’s parent or legal guardian and the parent or legal guardian may be required to complete, sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and (where permitted) Publicity Release. If a potential winner fails to complete and return any required affidavit and/or release within the period of time specified by Sponsor, the potential winner may be disqualified and forfeit his/her prize. All decisions of Sponsor shall be binding and final.
6. Prizes: The grand prize winner will receive a prize consisting of: (a) two VIP tickets to the hospitality area of the Red Bull: New Year. No Limits. event beginning at approximately 7:00 p.m. PST in Embarcadero Marina Park, San Diego, CA on December 31, 2011 (the “Event”); (b) one (1) standard double-occupancy hotel room for the winner for one (1) night in a hotel selected by Sponsor (room rate and taxes only); and (c) if applicable, two (2) round-trip coach class airfare for the winner and his/her guest between a major airport nearest to the winner’s legal residence and a major airport in San Diego, CA, as determined by Sponsor in its discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to remove airfare (or any other transportation) from the prize if the winner’s legal residence is 200 miles or less from the Event. Winners under the age of eighteen (18) must take their parent or legal guardian as their guest. No additional travel or accommodation is included. All details and restrictions set forth in these Official Rules apply. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of right to receive any prize will be allowed, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternate prize in its sole discretion. The total approximate retail value of the grand prize is Three Thousand Dollars ($3,000.00). Exact value depends on market conditions at time of prize fulfillment. Any taxes on the prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner. An IRS form 1099 will be issued if required by law. Prizes are “AS IS” and consist only of items expressly specified in these rules. Any risks, costs or expenses associated with the acceptance or use of any prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Neither Sponsor, any of its affiliates, nor Facebook, Inc. make or offer any warranty or guarantee, either express or implied (including, without limitation, quality, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose) in connection with this Sweepstakes or any prize.
7. General Rules: Entry constitutes an irrevocable grant of permission to Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, promotional partners and agents, and those they may designate from time to time, to use each entrant’s name, likeness, and city and state of residence in all media and formats whether now known or later developed, throughout the world in perpetuity, without any additional notice or compensation (except where prohibited by law). Without limitation of the foregoing, by entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that Sponsor is permitted, subject to the terms outlined in Section 3 above, to enroll entrant in the Red Bull Mob, thereby using his/her mobile phone number and/or email address for Red Bull’s promotional, marketing and/or advertising purposes. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and/or to cancel, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes should entrant fraud or misconduct or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, integrity, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes. In the event of termination of the Sweepstakes, a notice will be posted online. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the prize. By entering, each entrant releases and agrees to hold Sponsor, its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, promotional partners and agents, Facebook, Inc. and each of their directors, officers, employees and assigns, harmless from and against any and all claims and liability arising from or in connection with participation in this Sweepstakes, use of the entrant’s mobile phone number and/or email as permitted hereunder and/or use or redemption of the prize. Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes or use or redemption of the prize. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, corrupted, mutilated, misdirected, misdelivered, undelivered, blocked or delayed entries or other communications, or for technical or human errors, delays or failures of any kind in connection with the submission, transmission, processing, storage or selection of entries, including, without limitation, any malfunctions or failures of computer hardware, computer software, networks or telephone equipment, any data loss or corruption, or any technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. Caution: Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and/or civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of California. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in or nearest to Santa Monica, California.
8. No Affiliation with Facebook: This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Any questions, comments, or complaints regarding the promotion should be directed to Sponsor, not to Facebook.
9. Sponsor: The sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Red Bull North America, Inc.