The Red Bull Password Twitter Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF CA, AZ AND NV, AGES 18 AND OLDER, WITH A TWITTER ACCOUNT. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Eligibility: The Red Bull Password Twitter Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of California, Arizona and Nevada who are at least eighteen (18) years of age as of the date of entry with a Twitter account. Employees of Red Bull North America, Inc. (“Red Bull” or “Sponsor”) and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising or promotional agents, and members of the immediate families (i.e., parent, child, or sibling) or households of any such employees, are not eligible to enter. To participate, you must be a registered user of Twitter®. If you are not a registered user of Twitter, you may become a registered user and obtain a “handle” and password by completing the registration instructions at Twitter.com. There is no fee or charge to become a registered user of Twitter.
2. Promotion Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on March 20, 2012 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on April 6, 2012 (collectively, the “Promotion Period”).
3. How to Enter: To enter the Sweepstakes, entrants must first follow @redbullLAX on Twitter (the “Feed”). During the Promotion Period, the Feed will periodically provide letters (e.g., “A”, “B”, “C”) to followers. These letters will be displayed publically only for a brief time and then removed from the Feed. Together, all letters provided will spell a “secret password” (the “Password”), but the letters provided through the Feed will be scrambled in order. Entrants must collect and unscramble all of the provided letters to discover the Password. After all letters in the Password have been provided through the Feed, Sponsor will, through the Feed, request entrants to submit the Password to the Feed from the entrant’s own Twitter account (the “Ask”). For example, entrants could Tweet the following answer: “@redbullLAX [Enter Unscrambled Password Here] #speakeasy”. Entrants must wait for the Ask before submitting the Password. For the entry to be valid, an entrant’s Tweet must meet the Tweet Guidelines set forth below, including the correct answer for the Password, the hashtag #speakeasy, and reply address @redbullLAX. Only entries received after the Ask will be valid and eligible for entry. Entries must be received within the Promotion Period to be valid and eligible. Sponsor’s computer will be the official time clock for the Sweepstakes milestones, but Twitter’s processes and computers will determine the order in which any entry Tweet is entered into the Feed timeline. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Limit one (1) entry per person regardless of the number of Twitter accounts maintained. For purposes of clarity, there is no limit on the number of Tweets per Twitter account, but each Twitter account will be counted only once for selection purposes. If entrants maintain multiple Twitter accounts, they will not be eligible to win multiple prizes. In the event of a dispute as to the ownership of an entry, the authorized account holder of the Twitter account used to submit the Tweet will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by the e-mail service provider for the primary e-mail address associated with the submitting Twitter account.
4. Tweet Guidelines: All submitted Tweets must be in English and no longer than one hundred and forty (140) characters in total length. If the Tweet is longer than 140 characters, only the first 140 characters will be considered as the entry. Tweets must comply with the following guidelines: (a) the Tweet must be owned by the entrant; (b) the Tweet must have been received only after the “Ask” is made (any previously submitted answers will not be acknowledged); (c) the Tweet must contain (i) the hashtag #speakeasy, (ii) the reply address @redbullLAX, and (iii) the correct answer for the Password (including proper spelling and, if appropriate, spacing); (d) the Tweet must be submitted during the Promotion Period (but after the Ask); (e) the Tweet must not contain any material that would violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including without limitation copyrights, trademarks or rights of privacy or publicity, or that is defamatory, threatening, indecent, obscene or offensive, or that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to any applicable laws or regulations, or which requires a license from any third party; and (f) the Tweet must not contain any material that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deems inappropriate for public viewing. In the event of a violation of these guidelines, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to take such actions, if any, as it deems appropriate with respect to the Tweet in question, including, without limitation, removing the Tweet, amending and/or altering the Tweet to make the Tweet compliant or disqualifying the Tweet from the Sweepstakes. Sponsor shall have the sole discretion in determining whether a submitted “Password” is the correct answer or an incorrect answer. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all respects.
5. Selection of Winners: The first four (4) Tweets in the Feed, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, that meet the Tweet Guidelines above shall be deemed the four (4) potential prize winners. Odds of winning any particular prize depend upon the number of eligible entries received and timeliness of the entry. All winners are subject to verification. Sponsor may announce publicly any verified prize winner on Twitter using the Winners’ Twitter handle (e.g., @XYZ) at approximately 6:00 p.m. PT on the final day of the Promotion Period.
7. Prizes: Each of the prizes consists of two (2) tickets to 2012 Coachella (the “Event”), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (Total approximate retail value (“ARV”): $4,800). Prizes are subject to the terms and restrictions of the ticket issuer. All details and restrictions set forth in these Official Rules apply. No travel or accommodation is included. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of right to receive any prize will be allowed, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternate prize in its sole discretion. The four (4) separate winners will choose from the following four (4) separate prizes in the order described below:
· Two (2) VIP tickets to Coachella in Indio, CA from Friday, April 13, 2012 through Sunday, April 15, 2012 (ARV $1,600);
· Two (2) VIP tickets to Coachella in Indio, CA from Friday, April 20, 2012 through Sunday, April 22, 2012 (ARV $1,600);
· Two (2) General Admission (“GA”) tickets to Coachella in Indio, CA from Friday, April 13, 2012 through Sunday, April 15, 2012 (ARV $800); and
· Two (2) GA tickets to Coachella in Indio, CA from Friday, April 20, 2012 through Sunday, April 22, 2012 (ARV $800).
The order in which prizes are awarded will be in accordance with the order in which we receive the correct answers via Tweet from confirmed eligible entrants as determined by the order displayed in Sponsor’s Feed timeline, the determination of which is in Sponsor’s sole discretion. The first winner with correct answer will get the choice of either VIP pair, and the second winner will have choice of remaining VIP pair or they can opt for a remaining GA pair. The third winner will choose from remaining prizes available, and the fourth winner will win the remaining pair. Federal, state, and local taxes, travel costs, gratuity, meals, souvenirs, ground transportation and any other additional costs or expenses not specifically stated herein are the sole responsibility of the winners and the winners’ travel companions, if any. An IRS form 1099 will be issued if required by law. Prizes consist only of items expressly specified in these rules. All prizes awarded “AS IS,” and any and all risks, costs, or expenses associated with the acceptance or use of any prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Neither Sponsor nor its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, promotional partners or agents make or offer any warranty or guarantee, either express or implied (including, without limitation, quality, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose) in connection with this Sweepstakes or any prize. Prize details and availability are subject to change, in which case a prize of equal value may be substituted at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes consist only of the items listed, are non-transferable, with no cash redemption or substitution except at Sponsor’s sole discretion..
8. General Rules: Entry constitutes an irrevocable grant of permission to Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, promotional partners and agents, and those they may designate from time to time, to use each entrant’s name, likeness, statements, city and state of residence, and the Tweet submitted by entrant, including, without limitation, modifying, altering, excerpting or amending the Tweet, for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion and any other purpose, in all media and formats whether now known or later developed, throughout the world in perpetuity, without any additional notice or compensation (except where prohibited by law). Without limitation of the foregoing, by entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that Sponsor is permitted to display her/his submitted Tweet, name and biographical information for public viewing and comment and, subject to the terms outlined in Section 6 above. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and/or to cancel, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes should entrant fraud or misconduct or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, integrity, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes. In the event of termination of the Sweepstakes, a notice will be posted online or on Twitter. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the prize. By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant releases and agrees to hold Sponsor, its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, promotional partners and agents, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Sweepstakes, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees and assigns, harmless from and against any and all claims and liability arising from or in connection with participation in this Sweepstakes and/or the use of the entrant’s submitted Tweet as permitted hereunder and/or use or redemption of the prize. Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes or use or redemption of the prize. By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant further releases and agrees to indemnify Sponsor, its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, promotional partners and agents, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Sweepstakes, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees and assigns, from any and all liability, claims, actions, loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may be sustained in connection with this Promotion, including, but not limited to: (a) the receipt, ownership or use or misuse of any prize claimed and/or awarded; (b) participation in any Promotion-related activity; (c) any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action; (d) any typographical or other error in these terms and conditions or any other materials disseminated by Sponsor; and (e) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers, or providers used by an entrant, Sponsor, Twitter, or any other person or entity. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, corrupted, mutilated, misdirected, misdelivered, undelivered, blocked or delayed entries or other communications, or for technical or human errors, delays or failures of any kind in connection with the submission, transmission, processing, storage or selection of entries, including, without limitation, any malfunctions or failures of computer hardware, computer software, networks or telephone equipment, any data loss or corruption, or any technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant certifies that the Tweet submitted by the entrant is owned by the entrant, has not been previously published or won any award, and does not contain any material that would violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including without limitation copyrights, trademarks or rights of privacy or publicity. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of California. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in Los Angeles, California.
9. Sponsor: The sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Red Bull North America, Inc.