Red Bull – Fast Laps
The Red Bull Fast Laps (“Contest”) begins on January 21, 2013 at 8:00:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on January 27, 2013 at 11:59:59 p.m. PT (“Promotion Period”). The Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are at least 13 years old at time of entry and meet the relevant Facility’s (defined below) kart racing requirements (e.g., height and weight requirements). Void where prohibited. Employees of Red Bull North America, Inc. (“Sponsor”) and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies, public relations agencies, prize suppliers, including any vendors (including, without limitation, the owners, agents, employees, and operators of the Facilities (defined below)) providing services in connection with this Contest (collectively, the “Sponsor Affiliates”), and employees, agents, directors, officers (including members of their immediate family – i.e., spouse, mother, father, in-laws, grandmother, grandfather, brother, sister, children and grandchildren – or those living in the same household) of Sponsor or any Sponsor Affiliates are not eligible to participate. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
ENTRY AND PARTICIPATION: To participate in the Contest, you must first visit one of the participating K1 Speed kart racing facilities listed below (each, a “Facility”) to complete a Qualifying Run (defined below):
Anaheim: 1000 North Edward Court, Anaheim, CA 92806
Irvine: 17221 Von Karman Avenue, Irvine, CA 92614
Torrance: 19038 S Vermont Ave, Gardena, CA 90248
Carlsbad: 6212 Corte Del Abeto, Carlsbad, CA 92011
Ontario: 5350 Ontario Mills Parkway, Ontario, CA 91764
You must pay the course fee, if any, as provided at the Facility to participate. Each Facility will have its own operational hours and practices, and your participation is subject to them. Additionally, each Facility will have its own rules for participation and methods for measuring a single timed run (the “Qualifying Run”), and you agree to abide by the relevant Facility’s rules and methods (including the rules posted at www.k1speed.com/rules.html) in addition to these Official Rules. Time and availability for participation may be limited and will be provided only while availability lasts. You are not guaranteed the opportunity to participate.
You can participate by registering at the Facility (all information provided must be complete, accurate, and truthful) and completing the go-kart course as provided by the Facility, within only the Facility and/or Sponsor’s discretion. A representative at the Facility will record the time it took for each participant to complete one lap of the Facility’s course. The representative shall record the times as he or she sees fit, and the Facility representative’s records shall be final and binding and not subject to your input, disagreements, or objections under any circumstances.
Each Facility will submit its fastest Qualifying Run times to Sponsor (each, a “Semifinalist”). Sponsor will review all of the submitted Semifinalist’s times and choose the finalists (must be different people) with the fastest Qualifying Runs from each Facility (the “Finalists”). Sponsor will choose only one (1) Finalist from each Facility.
Limit one (1) prize per person. If any chosen Finalist cannot compete or chooses not to compete for any reason, Sponsor may replace him or her with the participant with the next fastest time as it determines in its sole discretion.
REQUIRED REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES:
To be eligible for participation, you acknowledge and agree to the following:
1. You shall abide by these Official Rules, the rules of the Facility, and the instructions provided by Sponsor, Facility, or any other person administering the Contest.
2. You shall use only the karts provided at the relevant Facilities and course providers in this Contest and cannot modify or alter such karts. You may not switch between the provided karts without the express permission of Sponsor or Facility.
3. Upon arrival at any Facility or course, you shall accurately and truthfully complete the liability waiver for that location. If you are under the age of 18 or the age of majority in the state in which you reside, you must also have a parent or guardian sign your waiver form.
4. To participate, you must meet the height, weight, clothing, and any other requirements of Sponsor, Facility, and/or any course or kart provider.
5. You shall wear any and all safety equipment made available to you and/or requested of you by Sponsor, Facility, and/or any course or kart provider.
6. Sponsor or any other person or entity administering the Contest may, in their sole discretion, remove you from any course and disqualify you immediately for any conduct that they believe, in their sole discretion, is unsafe, unreasonable, inappropriate, or for any other reason without any refund of any monies paid by you to participate.
7. You may be required to attend an educational and safety briefing session before participating or at any other time, and you agree that you will attend such session in completion. You shall read, listen to, and comply with the safety rules provided to you.
8. You may be required to pay for any and all damages or injuries that you cause, whether in whole or in part and whether negligently, willfully, accidentally, or otherwise.
9. You understand and accept at your own risk the significant inherent dangers of driving and racing vehicles offered to you. You understand and accept that the kart provided to you, the course(s) you participate on, the safety equipment provided to you, and any instructions provided to you are provided “AS IS” and that neither Sponsor nor Sponsor Affiliates make or offer any warranty or guarantee, either express or implied (including, without limitation, quality, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, completeness, safe condition, and performance capabilities) in connection with such items or your participation in the Contest. You are solely responsible for your health and safety at all times.
10. You shall not participate in any activity related to this Contest if you are under the influence of drugs, alcohol, if you are pregnant, or if there is any other condition that may impair your ability to fully understand instruction or to participate without creating risk to yourself or others.
11. You shall not enter, participate, or race on behalf of anyone other than yourself.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any participant that it believes violates or potentially violates any of the foregoing requirements or otherwise fails to comply with any provision of these Official Rules or those of any Facility (including the rules posted at www.k1speed.com/rules.html) or other location. Entrants agree to reimburse Sponsor and Sponsor Affiliates in full in respect of any losses, damages, and expenses, including reasonable attorney fees that they may sustain from the breach of a representation or warranty made by the entrant or the use of any rights granted by the entrant to Sponsor in these Official Rules.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the entrant in its sole and absolute discretion. If the Contest fails to operate properly or appears to be tampered with or tainted with errors, fraud or unfair practices, Sponsor reserves the right to use another means to determine the winner(s). If it is discovered that attempts were made to by an individual to improperly participate in the Contest, then it may result in the disqualification, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, of the entrant.
Finalists’ Prizes. Each of the Finalists shall receive (i) an invitation to race Red Bull KTM Team members on January 31, 2013 (approximately 4:00 p.m. PT – 6:00 p.m. PT, the “Race Time”) at K1 Speed Anaheim, 1000 North Edward Court, Anaheim, CA 92806 (the “Prize Track”); and (ii) up to two (2) hours of racing (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) on the Prize Track during the Race Time. The total ARV of each Finalist’s prize package is $40.00.
This prize does not include any travel or accommodations. Any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specifically provided herein are the responsibility of the finalist. Each Finalist must sign a Release of Liability/Publicity as instructed by the Sponsor prior to participation in the prize. Where Finalist is a minor in his or her jurisdiction of residence, a parent and/or guardian must also sign the Release of Liability/Publicity.
All prizes are awarded “AS IS.” Neither Sponsor nor Sponsor Affiliates make or offer any warranty or guarantee, either express or implied (including, without limitation, quality, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose) in connection with this Contest or any prize. Prize details and availability are subject to change, in which case a prize of equal value may be substituted at Sponsor's sole discretion. Prizes consist only of the items listed, are non-transferable, with no cash redemption or substitution except at Sponsor's sole discretion. Prizes are subject to terms, conditions, expiration dates, and restrictions imposed by the manufacturer of the prize or issuer in the case of a gift card or similar instrument. Federal, state, and local taxes on prizes, if any, and any other costs, fees and expenses not listed above as specifically included as part of the prize are the sole responsibility of winner.
Potential winners will, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, be notified through the contact information provided when entrant registered. Each Potential winner will have 12 hours from the moment such notification is first issued or published to respond to such notification by following the instructions provided therein. If a potential winner timely responds to such notification, the potential winner may be required to sign, notarize and return an affidavit of eligibility/liability, photo releases and publicity release within 24 hours of the date of notification. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If a potential winner does not reply to the notification within the time limit provided above, is ineligible, or cannot or does not comply with the Official Rules, the potential winner will be disqualified, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected, at Sponsor’s discretion. By entering and/or participating, Entrants agree:
(ii) that the decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest; and
(iii) to be contacted by Sponsor by all of the forms mentioned herein.
PUBLICITY & MARKETING:
NO LIABILITY & INDEMNIFICATION:
Neither Sponsor nor Sponsor Affiliates (the “Released Parties”) are responsible for and entrants release each from any failures of any kind (whether caused by computer, technical, or human error) which may either limit the entrant’s ability to enter the Contest, compete in the Contest, claim a prize, or otherwise participate in this Contest, or a Released Party’s ability to include all eligible entries, votes, judging, notify potential winners, or otherwise execute this Contest in the manner intended. Entrants further release and agree to indemnify the Released Parties from all liability, claims or actions of any kind for injuries, death, damages, or losses to persons or property alleged to have been sustained in connection with this Contest including, but not limited to: (a) participation in the Contest, (b) driving or operating the provided karts on the courses, (c) the receipt, ownership or use of any prize awarded; (d) any travel to participate in the activity or prize-related activity; (e) any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or any other materials disseminated by Sponsor; and (f) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers, or providers used by an entrant or Released Party.
Decisions of Sponsor on all matters related to the Contest are final. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest for any reason, including but not limited to, if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Contest, or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper administration of the Contest as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify or prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected, or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation or with any provision in these Official Rules. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL & CIVIL LAWS. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY AND/OR SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY INDIVIDUAL MAKING ANY SUCH ATTEMPTS TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
GOVERNING LAW & MANDATORY ARBITRATION:
Any disputes arising under this Contest and/or these Official Rules will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California. Sponsor and each entrant agree that any such claim or dispute between the parties, or between a party and any agent, employee, successor, or assign of the other, related to this Contest and/or these Official Rules (including the applicability of this arbitration clause) shall be resolved by binding arbitration administered by the JAMS under its rules and procedures in effect when the claim is filed. The rules and procedures and other information, including information on fees, may be obtained from JAMS’ website (www.jamsadr.com) or by calling JAMS at 949-224-1810. Any award by the arbitrator(s) may be entered as a judgment in any court having jurisdiction.
If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
To obtain a list of winners, visit www.redbullusa.com.
Red Bull North America, Inc., 1740 Stewart Street, Santa Monica, CA 90404.