Red Bull King of the Rock will return to Alcatraz Island on September 22 with 64 of the world's best one-on-one basketball players. They'll come from 23 countries, 24 U.S. cities and seven military bases. You could win a chance to watch all the action (and hear the global trash talking), and you don't even have to know how to dribble between your legs.
What you will need is a smart phone, the Instagram photo app and a big imagination. Entering is simple:
- Take a picture of you holding a basketball in the most unexpected or surprising location you can think of to play ball.
- Upload the photo to your Instagram account and caption it @redbullSFO #TakeMeToTheRock
- The photos must be your own original work and not previously published
- Contest starts September 5 and ends on September 11
You can enter as many times as you like, so get creative and start snapping. But please note: Use caution and common sense when participating in this contest. Respect and ensure the safety of yourself and others. Do not trespass or harm anyone's property.
The Grand Prize Winner gets two (2) tickets to the 2012 Red Bull King of the Rock Finals scheduled to be held in San Francisco; round-trip airfare for grand prize winner and a guest; hotel accommodations for two (2) consecutive nights (September 21 and 22, 2012); and transportation from airport to hotel and back. See official rules here.
Will the 2012 Red Bull King of the Rock winner come from the concrete jungles of Los Angeles or the courts of Madrid? You could be there to see firsthand. Good luck.
UPDATE Sept. 21: Congratulations to contest winner Parker Kenison, who will join us on The Rock for the Red Bull King of the Rock Finals. His winning photo is below.
Follow Red Bull on Twitter for more news and updates.
- Sign up for our SPAM newsletter to get more great stories sent straight to your inbox!
- Rajon Rondo Jets Through Asia
- Blake Griffin Gets His Wings in Venice Beach