NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, AGES 21 AND OLDER, IN ATTENDANCE AT THE RED BULL BPM LAUNCH PARTY AT REPUBLIC LIVE IN AUSTIN, TX ON MARCH 15, 2011. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Eligibility: The Red Bull BPM Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age as of the date of entry. Entrants must be physically present at the Red Bull BPM Launch Party (the “Event”) taking place at Republic Live, located at 301 West 5th Street, Austin, Texas 78701, beginning at approximately 9:30 p.m. Central Standard Time (“CST”) on March 15, 2011 and ending at approximately 2:30 a.m. CST on March 16, 2011. Employees of Red Bull North America, Inc. (“Red Bull” or “Sponsor”) and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising or promotional agents, and members of the immediate families (parent, child, or sibling) or households of any such employees, are not eligible to enter.
2. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes period begins on February 15, 2011 at 12:00:01 a.m. CST and ends on March 15, 2011 at 12:00 p.m. CST (noon) (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
3. How to Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, you may enter the Sweepstakes as follows:
Text-message the word “BPM” with a text-messaging capable device to RBULL (72855) to RSVP for the Event and begin the entry process for the Sweepstakes. Entrants will receive a bounce back text message asking them to reply with their first and last names and to join the Red Bull Mob. By replying to the text message, entrants will be automatically subscribed to Red Bull Mob. Entrants may unsubscribe from Red Bull Mob by following instructions provided in the welcome text message after they reply with their first and last name. Entrants will be charged according to their carrier’s standard text messaging rates and should contact their carrier for pricing plans and details. Text-messaging may not be available through all wireless carriers. In the event of a dispute as to the ownership of an entry, the authorized account holder of the mobile phone number used to submit an entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned a mobile phone number by a wireless carrier. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Limit one entry per mobile phone number. Limit one (1) entry per person (including, as applicable, mobile phone number). No mechanically reproduced entries of any kind permitted. Illegible and incomplete entries are void. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected entries or entries not received regardless of cause.
4. Selection of Winners: All winners are subject to verification. One (1) potential grand prize winner and ten (10) potential runner-up winners will be selected at random by Sponsor after the Sweepstakes Period on March 15, 2011, from among all eligible entries. There will be a total of eleven (11) potential prize winners for the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
5. Winner Verification and Notification: Entrants must be physically present at the Event to participate in the Sweepstakes and potentially win a prize. The potential winners will be notified by telephone and/or text-message, as determined solely by Sponsor, on how to claim their prize, on March 15, 2011 at approximately 5:00 p.m. CST. If a potential winner cannot be reached after two (2) attempts, he or she may be disqualified and the prize awarded to an alternate winner. If a potential winner is under the age of twenty-one (21), he or she will be disqualified and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner. If a potential winner is not physically present at the Event, he or she may be disqualified and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner. If any attempted notification or prize delivery is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified and forfeit his/her prize. Potential winners may be required to complete, sign and return Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release/Publicity Release forms, and other applicable documents, which may require a social security number, before claiming his/her prize, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If a potential winner fails to complete and return any required affidavit and/or release within the period of time specified by Sponsor, the potential winner may be disqualified and forfeit his/her prize. All decisions of Sponsor shall be binding and final.
6. Prizes: The grand prize consists of one (1) Apple iPad, with an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $829.00, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The ten (10) runner-up prizes each consist of one (1) free download of the Red Bull BPM application, with an ARV of $18.99 per application, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. All details and restrictions set forth in these Official Rules apply. No travel or accommodation is included. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of right to receive any prize will be allowed, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternate prize in its sole discretion. The total ARV of all prizes is $1,018.90. Exact value depends on market conditions at time of prize fulfillment. Any taxes on the prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner. An IRS form 1099 will be issued if required by law. Prizes are “AS IS” and consist only of items expressly specified in these rules. Any risks, costs or expenses associated with the acceptance or use of any prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Neither Sponsor nor any of its affiliates make or offer any warranty or guarantee, either express or implied (including, without limitation, quality, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose) in connection with this Sweepstakes or any prize.
7. General Rules: Entry constitutes an irrevocable grant of permission to Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, promotional partners and agents, and those they may designate from time to time, to use each entrant’s name, likeness, and city and state of residence in all media and formats whether now known or later developed, throughout the world in perpetuity, without any additional notice or compensation (except where prohibited by law). Without limitation of the foregoing, by entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that Sponsor is permitted, subject to the terms outlined in Section 3 above, to enroll entrant in Red Bull Mob, thereby using his/her mobile phone number and/or email address for Red Bull’s promotional, marketing and/or advertising purposes. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and/or to cancel, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes should entrant fraud or misconduct or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, integrity, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes. In the event of termination of the Sweepstakes, a notice will be posted online. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the prize. By entering, each entrant releases and agrees to hold Sponsor, its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, promotional partners and agents, and each of their directors, officers, employees and assigns, harmless from and against any and all claims and liability arising from or in connection with participation in this Sweepstakes, use of the entrant’s mobile phone number and/or email as permitted hereunder and/or use or redemption of the prize. Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes or use or redemption of the prize. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, corrupted, mutilated, misdirected, misdelivered, undelivered, blocked or delayed entries or other communications, or for technical or human errors, delays or failures of any kind in connection with the submission, transmission, processing, storage or selection of entries, including, without limitation, any malfunctions or failures of computer hardware, computer software, networks or telephone equipment, any data loss or corruption, or any technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. Caution: Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and/or civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in New York, New York.
8. Sponsor: The sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Red Bull North America, Inc.