Details were released today about the freestyle motocross course being built for Red Bull X-Fighters Glen Helen, and it’s big -- both the news and the course itself! The triumphant return of the series to the United States after a two-year absence is going to be bigger and better than ever.
Featuring a truly massive course that dwarfs the footprint at previous Red Bull X-Fighters events, the twelve competing riders will have more options, more ground to cover and more air to soar through. The riders will take on this FMX playground on Saturday, May 12 at 2:00 p.m. PT at Glen Helen Raceway.
The course measures 300’ x 750’ (225,000 square feet), nearly two-and-a-half times the size of the next-largest Red Bull X-Fighters course. Packed within these dimensions is 60,000 cubic yards of dirt weighing 1.6 tons per cubic yard. This enormous area will feature more than 30 different riding options, including a step-down, a bowl-curved wall, a quarter pipe and a 160-foot jump -- the biggest ever in competition.
“This event is our Super Bowl,” said Dane Herron, Chief Course Designer. “It is without a doubt the biggest and baddest thing we’ve ever had a chance to build. I can’t wait to see all the action on May 12.”
The 2012 season kicked off its six-stop world tour on April 13 in Dubai, and following the stop in Glen Helen, the riders will travel to Istanbul (June 16), Madrid (July 20), Munich (August 11) and cap off the season in Sydney (October 6).
Purchase tickets for the Red Bull X-Fighters Glen Helen event here. There are four ticket options available:
- General Admission $20 – includes access to standing room only, vendor row and the pit area.
- Grandstand Seating $30 – includes access to vendor row and the pit area and a reserved spot to sit in the Grandstands. Each Grandstand section is open seating.
- FOX VIP Area Tickets $275 – includes access to vendor row and the pit area and a trackside hospitality suite with food and beverages included.
- Camping and Riding $400/camping space – Each campground space includes four Grandstand tickets and camping for three nights (Thursday, Friday and Saturday), plus access to The Hub, live music, the Traxxas RC Track, and access to ride Glen Helen’s National MX Track and Off-Road Trails on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Up to three additional tickets may be purchased per camping space for an additional $50/ticket.
Follow @xfighters2012 on Twitter for more info and updates about the event.
- Action highlights from Red Bull X-Fighters in Dubai
- Ronnie Renner and crew explore historical FMX spots
- See more at the official Red Bull X-Fighters site