Travis Pastrana and Jolene Van Vugt had a packed schedule yesterday for the opening day of "Nitro Circus 3D," appearing on a local morning radio show and then popping on Reddit in the afternoon for an often hilarious conversation with fans. Here are three highlights.
1. The closest Travis had been to death? "One time, I fell asleep and woke myself up with a very loud fart, which echoed through the church," said Travis. "I honestly thought my mom was going to kill me."
2. Their biggest scares? According to Travis, the "biggest scare of my life is probably every time I B.A.S.E. jump. I really enjoy it, but i enjoy pushing myself and that's not a place where you can make any mistakes."
For Jolene, her biggest scare "actually wasn't doing a stunt myself, it was watching Jim and Tommy's stunt go wrong in the 3D film and not knowing if Jim was going to be okay."
3. Which bone was the most painful to break? "Healing-wise there is nothing that takes longer than the scaphoid (also known as the navicular) bone in your wrist," said Travis. "It's small and not very painful in comparison to other things you can break...but the lack of blood flow to the area makes it a four-month process."
Jolene replied, "I just collapsed a lung two weeks ago, never done that before... It was a pretty intense pain. When they cut your ribs open and stick a tube in your chest and you say thank you 'cause it makes the pain in your chest subside, that's pretty bad."
Read the entire live chat at Reddit.
Follow Red Bull on Twitter for more news and updates.
- Sign up for our SPAM newsletter to get more great stories sent straight to your inbox!
- Travis Pastrana: 10 Best Moments
- Nitro Circus 3D: Behind the Scenes