May 12th marked the grand opening of Red Bull Illume Miami. Lining the iconic Ocean Drive, Red Bull Illume, the world’s premier action and adventure sports photography contest and exhibition, drew over 1,500 people for the official illumination.
Vibrantly filled with art deco design, nightlife, fashion and celebrities, Miami is the ideal location for this striking outdoor visual art display that will be located along Ocean Drive between 9th and 10th Streets.
Red Bull Illume will turn on the lights nightly May 13th – 22nd, from 7:00 pm-11:00 pm. A total of 50 photos will be on display in striking light boxes that bring stature and significance to these works of art that capture the exuberant spirit of sport.
“The exhibit is impressive and amazing to be part of,” said Josh Letchworth, Red Bull Illume photographer. “Red Bull Illume provides an opportunity to show our work to the public in a unique setting.”
Red Bull Illume Winners
The winners of Red Bull Illume were chosen by a jury of renowned photography experts. By illuminating these breath-taking photographs, we honor the photographers who’ve traveled, faced physical dangers, scaled buildings and navigated waves all to capture magical moments. The Red Bull Illume judging categories include culture, playground, energy, spirit, close-up, wings, sequence, new creativity, experimental and illumination.
- Experimental - Daniel Grund (GER)
- New Creativity – Eric Berger (CAN)
- SanDisk Sequence - Miguel Lopez-Virgen (MEX)
- Energy - Stuart Gibson (AUS), Illumination – Chris Burkhard (USA)
- Playground – Tim Korbmacher (GER), Culture – Vincent Perraud (FRA)
- Spirit – Adam Kokot (POL)
- Wings – Marcel Lämmerhirt (GER)
- Close up – Nathan Smith (AUS)
- Athletes’ Choice – Nathan Smith (AUS)
Follow Red Bull on Twitter: @redbull
- Red Bull Illume Miami Event Page
- Ryan Sheckler Lights Up the Night at Red Bull Illume Houston
- Armory Arts Week: Art, Neon and Blacklights