More than 80,000 people welcomed 2012 with a clash in Miami’s Bayfront Park as Ludacris and Mike Posner took the stage in an unparalleled performance all topped off by a remarkable fireworks display and the rise of the Big Orange.
Ludacris opened the show with crowd favorites “Stand Up” and “Move” followed by Mike Posner’s hit “Please Don’t Go,” both performing with an energy that busted through the crowds leaving them cheering for more. Finishing up with a collaboration of the song “Get Back,” Ludacris and Mike Posner both took the stage and began the countdown to 2012.
Two Stages. One Crowd.
Red Bull Soundclash is a unique clash of sounds, style, and creativity, where two bands with different musical backgrounds collaborate to create an innovative live music performance. In four challenging rounds, the artists were challenged in proving their creativity and live performance skills. DJ Mick Boogie pumped up the crowd with spins and real-time commentary as he led the musical artists and crowd through the following set of rounds:
- The Cover: each band took on their own version of LMFAO’s “I’m In Miami”
- The Takeover: a collaborative round where one band started playing one of their own tunes then the other group took over mid-song to finish it out with their own flair
- The Clash: challenged the bands versatility as they adapted their songs to the music genres of DJ Mick Boogie’s choice – reggae, acoustic, and dance
- The Wild Card: the final round was all about surprises as each band brought a special secret guest to the stage to perform with them
This show is all about surprising, exciting, and entertaining the crowd these two artists did not fail to deliver. Mike Posner nabbed the drum line from the University of Miami to perform “Cooler Than Me,” But the crowd went into a frenzy when Ludacris brought Luther ‘Uncle Luke’ Campbell to the stage to perform “How Low Can You Go.” The rousing performance left fans screaming for more.
Touring the globe since 2007, Red Bull Soundclash has entertained music lovers with incredible match ups including:
- Cee Lo Green and The Ting Tings
- Snoop Dogg and Ghostland Observatory
- The Roots and Miniature Tigers
- Erykah Badu and Shiny Toy Guns
- Talib Kweli and Ozomatli
- Wale and Tokyo Police Club
Follow Red Bull on Twitter: @redbull
- Red Bull Soundclash Miami photo gallery
- Red Bull Soundclash Atlanta recap
- More music on RedBullUSA.com