We’re playing by Rajon Rondo’s rules!
Red Bull 2-on-2 Revolution is a five-city, outdoor, two-on-two tour that will be played in different East Coast cities on five consecutive weekends. The games will feature a revolutionary scoring system that rewards players for hustle and aggressive play on top of getting points for the following buckets:
- 3 points for dunking on an opponent’s head
- 3 points for blocking a dunk or pinning a shot on the backboard
- 3 points for making a defender fall
- 3 points for stripping the ball from the offensive player
Each event will be a 32-team, single-elimination 2-on-2 tournament. Players get 2 points for made baskets, and three points for a dunk, a block, a steal, or making their defender fall down. The winning team receives $2,000 in cash.
The events are as follows: (Timing is all 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM)
- July 17 – Boston: The Fens Basketball Courts (Park Dr & Jersey St)
- July 24 – NYC: Lincoln Playground (135th and 5th Avenue)
- July 31 – Philadelphia: Chew Playground (18th and Washington Ave)
- August 7 – Baltimore: Cloverdale Park (E 59th St. at East Q St.)
- August 21 – Washington D.C.: Barry Farm Recreation Center (1230 Sumner Rd., SE)
To register, please visit dimemag.com: or call/text at (347) 316-1924.