Teams of outrageous skiers channeling their inner 70s groove and retro ski skills will unite and it's all taking place at Copper Mountain in Colorado for the Red Bull 1976 Games.
So what inspired this wackiness? More than 30 years ago, Denver was awarded the 1976 Winter Olympics, but then a coalition of activists and politicians campaigned against it and the games instead got moved to Innsbruck, Austria.
This event is played off those 1976 Winter Games "known as the 1976 Games" and they bring the games back to Colorado and finally "give the year 1976 its day." Competitions include Snowbladecross & Old School Air, plus an award for most outrageous costume and team mojo! So grow (or stick on) those mustaches, squeeze into your one-piece and get ready to party like its 1976.
Date & Time
Saturday, April 16
- 7:00 PM - Torch lighting @ Burning Stones
- 7:30 PM - 1976 Fashion Show @ Jack's
Sunday, April 17
- 9:00 AM -10:30 AM - Registration @ The Cage
- 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM - Snowblade Cross Timed Qualification @ Lower Bouncer
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM - Snowblade Cross Elimination Heats @ Lower Bouncer
- 2:30 PM - 3:30 PM - Old School Air @ Lower Bouncer
- 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM - Awards Ceremony followed by Quiet Riot Performance - Main Stage
- Copper Mountain, Colorado
Follow Red Bull on Twitter: @redbull