Red Bull Rhythm and Sound is an online music contest that gives up-and-coming producers the opportunity to create original music using recordings of Red Bull athletes and Grammy-nominated Lloyd Banks’ vocals from his latest single, “Check Me Out”.
- Banks is well known for his involvement in the music group G-Unit.
Starting September 12th, amateur producers can access Red Bull athlete sound bites – the slicing, slam and thunder of professional play – via a soundboard housed at: indabamusic.com/redbull
- Indaba is a website that caters to music specialists by providing a common platform for file sharing, track uploads and more.
- The Red Bull Rhythm and Sound website will live on the Indaba
- The site will launch September 12th
Some of the contributing athletes include X-Games Skateboarding Gold Medalist Ryan Sheckler, three-time MLB All-Star Jimmy Rollins, and two-time NBA All-Star Rajon Rondo.
Lloyd Banks has created top Billboard hits, working with famous artists like Kanye West and 50 Cent. Banks will be providing input and feedback for contestants as they strive to blend sports and music into one.
The winning musician will win a trip to Los Angeles to record in Red Bull Studios with Lloyd Banks and will receive $4,500 of high quality recording gear. Submissions are due by October 17, public voting will take place from October 17 through 31 and the winner will be announced November 1st.
- Submission Period: September 12th - October 17th
- Voting Period: October 17th - October 31st
- Winner Announcement: - November 1st
- Studio Session with winner: Mid-November - Mid December
Follow Red Bull on Twitter: @redbull