Schlittentag is the German word for “sledding day”. Put simply, it translates as “daredevils willing to propel themselves down a snow-covered hill and over a jump on a sled they built themselves”.
This will be the most winter fun you’ve had sitting down.
Three person teams will stretch their imagination to build the wildest, fastest sled this side of the Alps. One will be the pilot and the two others will help give their sled the push it needs to win the race and the fame and fortune that follows.
Red Bull Schlittentag. It’s all downhill from here.
Date and Time:
February 26, 2012
10am - 12pm: On-site Build Out Time
12pm: First Craft Run
For registration, please email email@example.com
- Teams will consist of 3 students and may have 1-3 students riding the sled down, however, one student must be designated as “pilot”
- No prefabricated sleds
- No engines or batteries or external energy sources
- No launching from your craft (intentionally) or launching any items from it
- No throwing anything while coming down the hill
- No fire
- No pyro (firecrackers/torches/etc)
- No use of power tools on site during build out
- No smoke of any kind - especially using dry ice
- Drivers must be at least 18 yrs old
- Team members must be 16+
- Craft has to make it down the course to be considered in the competition
- Helmets must be worn by all 3 teammates during launch
The participants will be judged on three things, earning up to ten points for each category:
- Fastest Time
- Distance “flown” off of Kicker
Check back often for added info on this tour.
Follow Red Bull on Twitter: @redbull