Schlittentag is the German word for “sledding day”. Put simply, it translates as “daredevils willing to propel themselves down a snow-covered hill and over a jump on a sled they built themselves.” This will be the most winter fun you’ve had sitting down. Three person teams will stretch their imagination to build the wildest, fastest sled this side of the Alps. One will be the pilot and the two others will help give their sled the push it needs to win the race and the fame and fortune that follows.
- Teams will consist of 3 people and may have 1-3 people riding the sled down; however, one person must be designated as “pilot.”
- No prefabricated sleds
- No engines or batteries or external energy sources
- No launching from your craft (intentionally) or launching any items from it
- No throwing anything while coming down the hill
- No fire
- No pyro (firecrackers/torches/etc)
- No use of power tools on site during build out
- No smoke of any kind - especially using dry ice
- Drivers must be at least 18 yrs old
- Craft has to make it down the course to be considered in the competition
- Helmets must be worn by all 3 teammates during launch
Date and Time
Sunday, April 7
Arrival Time: 10:00 - 11:00 AM
Follow the Schlittentag Signs to the "Drop Off Area," drop off sled, register and receive your sled parking spot.
Craft Build: 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Your sled should be built before you come, but you may need to make some last-second adjustments.
Craft Inspection: 1:00 PM
This will take place at your parking spot, once inspected you can head up the hill.
Event Start: 2:00 PM
We will go in numbered order. Please have a team dance and team story prepared to share before you take off down the hill.
Keystone Resort Mountain House West
Follow @redbullDEN on Twitter for the latest news and upates
RSVP on Facebook