- Red Bull USA - Sports & Entertainment News | Teams & Athletes
- Music & Entertainment
- Wynwood Walls in Miami 2012
- Kenny Scharf mural at the Wynwood Walls
- Dec 6, 2012
- Tamara Warren/Red Bull Media House
- About this Image
- When developer Tony Goldman founded the Wynwood Walls in 2009, he was seeking to beautify an industrial section of Miami, tapping into the talents of both post-graffiti artists and street artists. Soon the Wynwood Walls took on a life of its own. It is a colorful, textured assemblage of murals and painted doors, including major works by Phase II, Futura, Swoon, Barry McGee and Kenny Scharf that has transformed the area into a colorful stretch of NW 2nd Avenue.
The Canvas Cooler Project kicked off its new season and selected two emerging artists to show at the SCOPE Art Fair in December.
The party's over, but the street art remains Dec 10, 2012
The glamorous Art Basel fair ended Sunday, but the street art murals known as the Wynwood Walls will remain on display all year round. Here are some highlights.
When night falls, Art Basel becomes Party Basel Dec 9, 2012
Naturally, the world's biggest art extravaganza would be accompanied by suitably sized parties. Here's a peek at our favorite moments.
At the Red Bull Curates opening party in Brooklyn, four emerging street artists were picked by judges and the audience to show at the SCOPE Miami show in December.
Road to Art Basel: Red Bull Curates Hits NYC Sep 7, 2012
Red Bull Curates hits New York City as 20 emerging artists compete for a chance to show their work at the Scope art fair during Art Basel in Miami Beach.
Fighting the Gray Jul 11, 2012
New Zealand graffiti writer Askew One talks to us about getting back to basics, how social and cultural issues enter his work and fighting the forces of gray in his native Auckland.