Streetball is basketball in its purest form. When you roll up to a court, all you have is your name and your game. Kill or be killed. Respect is given when respect is earned - and never a moment sooner.
The proving grounds are spread out across the country in the thousands of playgrounds where streetball is played and worshiped. Each one has its own rules, its own quirks, its own personality, its own OGs. From the carnival-like atmosphere of the Venice Beach courts in L.A. to the smashmouth, physical style of ball played on Chicago's courts, to the skills-heavy style that wins games in Harlem, no two cities and no two courts are the same. They are shaped by the athletes and personalities that populate them every day, all day, all summer long.
Rules for Red Bull King of the Rock:
- •64 player bracket (No less than 64 should be used)
- •Coin toss to determine first possession
- •5 minute games with running clock
- •15 second shot clock
- •Standard 2 and 3 points for shots made
- •Alternating possession
- •5 fouls = Disqualification
- •1 technical foul = Disqualification
- •If fouled in the act of shooting a successful basket, player gets the one additional point and possession
- •Injury time out = 2 minutes at referee discretion
- •Tie = 2 minute overtime (coin toss for first possession)
- •11 -0 skunk rule applies = Game over
- •Competition rounds must start at the same time, for example round of 64, round of 32, round of 16 all
courts start games at once
- •Players must be 16 years of age or older to participate. Participants under the age of 18 will need to have
a parent or guardian present to sign a waiver at the qualifier.
- •All first place Qualifier winners are only eligible to play in one Qualifier per year.