- Red Bull USA - Sports & Entertainment News | Teams & Athletes
- Athletic Sports
- Red Bull King of the Rock 2013
- Fantastic Voyage: Rajon Rondo's Tour of Asia
Fantastic Voyage: Rajon Rondo's Tour of Asia
- SEP 20, 2012
- Red Bull King of the Rock, Red Bull King of the Rock Qualifier 2012: Detroit, Red Bull King of the Rock Finals
- About this Video
- Come on, come along as Rajon Rondo treks through Asia. Making stops in Taiwan, the Philippines and Hong Kong, the Boston Celtics point guard hosted youth clinics, a court refurbishment and qualifiers for Red Bull King of the Rock. In Hong Kong, Rondo was even able to spend some down time on the water, "becoming one with the banana boat" and doing some wakeboarding.
On Saturday, September 22, Rondo will be on Alcatraz Island to host the finals of Red Bull King of the Rock, the premier one-on-one basketball tournament in the world. When the global competition was established in 2010, it marked the first time basketball had been played on "The Rock" since the inmates left the island more than 50 years ago. Now in its third year, Red Bull King of the Rock is bigger and better than ever, having expanded to qualifiers in 27 countries, including 33 in the United States. From these qualifiers, 64 finalists head to the island.
Catch more highlights at the Red Bull King of the Rock site.
Basketball and soccer collide for one night as superstars Rajon Rondo, Thierry Henry and Rafa Marquez meet for the first time.
Rondo continues to emerge as an NBA elite point guard, earning his second straight selection to the NBA’s annual All-Star game.
RAJON RONDO CAN DO IT ALL Dec 1, 2010
After sitting out three consecutive games with a foot injury, Rajon Rondo was back in uniform this week and was his usual dazzling self leading the Celtics to two consecutive victories.
You can now vote online for the next Boston park to be refurbished, as Rondo and Red Bull continue to contribute $500 per rip to the “Boston’s Got Wings” campaign.
Currently sitting atop the Eastern Conference with a 9-2 record, Rajon Rondo has the Boston Celtics running like a well-oiled machine.
During the first quarter of Boston’s 112-107 win over the Miami Heat in South Beach on Thursday, Rondo decided to greet Miami’s Chris Bosh with a thunderous jam that sent the NBA world buzzing.